Archives? What archives? (fwd)

Sparkes, Ian, ZFRD AC ian.sparkes at 17.dmst02.telekom400.dbp.de
Wed Sep 9 08:13:16 PDT 1998

Here's the deal...

if someone gets a copy of the archives to me somehow, I
pledge that I will get them  burned and will distribute
them for cost price. I assume there will be two CDs as the
data is apparently around 1GB. I have already checked, and
for a run of 300 (should be enough to cover all the
non-apathetic CP list members) the costs are:
     DM1,67 = 92 cents each
     = $1,84 + VAT = $2,15.
Add postage onto this.

A really great idea would be to include the coderpunks
archive on any space that were left over. But first of all,
I'll keep the focus as the greatest enemy of 'good' is
'great'.

Note: IMPORTANT: The rep was emphatic - you shouldn't
forget that this price includes *2 color* labelling! Makes
the offer kind of irresistable doesn't it?

Why am I doing this? Because just as Tim pointed out, this
has been discussed more than once but there have been no
results. At least none that I have heard of in the last
year.

One point - I am outside of the US. Good for europeans, but
perhaps a little expensive for US-CPs. Maybe someone would
like to take over the US distribution. (WHGIII?) I could
get 50% to the states for distribution.

Anyone wants to arrange this with me, contact me off-list.
If no one does, then I'll start bugging people until
something happens <g>...

Ian

At 14:28 04.09.98 -0500, you wrote:
>In
<Pine.HPP.3.91.980904210041.12475B-100000_cor.sos.sll.se>,
on 09/04/98
>   at 09:02 PM, Asgaard <asgaard_cor.sos.sll.se> said:
>
>>Ray Arachelian wrote:
>
>>>It was done... Remo Pini (www.rpini.org or some such)
was the dude

>>www.rpini.com
>
>>Crypto CD Vol 1 has lots of stuff on it but I never found
any archive of
>>the CP list(s). Perhaps I didn't look enough.
>
>I didn't find any either.
>
>Also someone mentioned previously of pre-1995 online
archives. Anyone have
>a pointer to these?
>
>There is a local company here that does CD duplication and
Harddrive
>archiving to CD. I can check and see how much they would
want to burn a CD
>with the CP archives on it. I would imagine that list
members would prefer
>RockRidge extensions? OS/2 supports both Joliet &
Rockridge so it does not

-----

-----