Carl Johnson Warrant and Complaint

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Sep 8 19:38:59 PDT 1998

At 6:40 PM -0700 9/8/98, Eric Cordian wrote:
> I'm amazed Arjen
>Lenstra isn't in the slammer for the "DigiCrime" parody, given the
>"knowlege and experience" of Mr. Investigator here.

I'm sometimes surprised I was never arrested for pulling off the "BlackNet"
secrets trading scheme. (Especially as it actually worked as I described
it....and to think some of the folks here think I've never built anything.)

As for the Carl Johnson document that John Young offers, I read it with
great interest, much more interest than I ever could muster for the rants
of Toto/Human Gus-Peter/Truthmonger.

As I'd been deleting nearly all of Toto's stuff unread, I missed all the
stuff about (allegedly) threatening to bomb the RCMP. I recall seeing his
"AP Bot" and "Dead Lucky" items, which came out before I was deleting all
of his stuff.

I suppose I agree with Eric's earlier point (snipped above) that mentioning
the actual names of judges or FBI agents or IRS inspectors in rants about
AP and AP bots is not a wise move. As with Bell's stuff, it makes for a
case that _possibly_ these agents and judges had something to fear. Were I
one of those judges or agents, I would tend to think that _possibly_ my
life was in danger.

Best to leave rants at the general, protected speech level, and to not get
into specifics of names and working habits of agents.

(I make it a point not to bother learning the names of any of these folks,
except high-visibility folks like Diane Feinswine, Janet Reno, Louis Freeh,
etc. This makes it hard for any of my generalized rants to be taken as
direct threats against local judges, agents, lawyers, etc.)

And if Toto or Carl Johnson did in fact plant a bomb....I guess he'll be
extradited to Canada after his trial here in the U.S. for the charges
described. And he may well get off on the U.S. charges, as it seems likely
that experts (like us, ironically) can testify that whatever point Toto
thought he was making, there was no chance that a working "dead pool" was
being demonstrated.

But Toto will probably make a plea, as Bell did.

--Tim May

"The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of
tyrants...."
Licensed Ontologist              | black markets, collapse of governments.