e$: crypto-expatriatism (fwd)

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Mon Sep 7 19:02:59 PDT 1998

At 6:08 PM -0400 on 9/7/98, Jim Choate wrote:

> > Ridgeway told Eisenhower at the outset that Vietnam was a multi-million-man
> > war, and Eisenhower stayed out accordingly, throwing a few marginal
>people on
> > the ground to shut Lodge up. It took Testosterone Jack to get a
>Special-Forces
> > hard-on. Eventually he and Desktop Lyndon ended up screwing a pooch
> > instead of the commies.
>
> Balonely, do your research somewhere beside a bar. JFK had no intention of
> sending more troops in and every intention of withdrawing the troops that
> were there. There are two sources you can look at to verify this. The first
> is the troop count over time and the internal presidential memos to the
> Chiefs of Staff. Had JFK not been shot there would have been NO US troops in
> Vietnam by the end of '64.
>
> LBJ is the nit-wit who crewed the proverbial pooch.

I've got an idea. Go read Halverstam's "The Best and the Brightest", Jim,
and then tell me what bar I did my research in.

Cheers :-),
Bob Hettinga
Robert A. Hettinga <mailto: rah at philodox.com>
Philodox Financial Technology Evangelism <http://www.philodox.com/>
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA