[Fwd: ISAKMP Key Recovery Extensions]

William H. Geiger III whgiii at invweb.net
Mon Sep 7 00:38:02 PDT 1998

In <35F37E90.76109489 at brd.ie>, on 09/07/98
   at 07:34 AM, "Frank O'Dwyer" <fod at brd.ie> said:

>Well, the attached draft is not designed for corporate recovery of
>encrypted email, that's for sure.

4.  ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

This document was produced based on the combined efforts of the protocol
subcommittee of the Key Recovery Alliance.

Why am I not surprised?

I hope the IETF will not accept the implementation of *any* GAK proposals
into the RFC's. If these people want to force Big Brother on us they
should not have the benefit of the IETF to do so.

I plan on writting to the Security Group at the IETF on this. Hopefully it
will not be accepted for consideration. I would like to see the IETF have
a blanket policy automatically rejecting any GAK proposals but that might
be too much to ask.

William H. Geiger III  http://www.openpgp.net

OS/2 PGP 5.0 at: http://www.openpgp.net/pgp.html