setting up a remailer service

mgraffam at mhv.net mgraffam at mhv.net
Fri Sep 4 18:56:23 PDT 1998

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Laurent Demailly wrote:
> martin.. at iname.com writes:
>  > I'd like to set up a free remailer service for the internet community.
>  > I have a static IP,
>  > good disk space
>    ***************
>  > and my machine is located in Norway.
> [...]
>
> Not to be over suspicious but why would you need
> a lot of disk space for a remailer ? do you plan
> on logging and recording all the messages ;-) ?

He mentioned in the original message that he wanted to run a service like
anon.penet.fi ..

penet set up an anonymous box, that is .. you can remail a letter through
penet and it would assign a unique anonymous addy for you, and then
replies and email to that anonymous addy would get forwarded to you.

This would require disk space.

Michael J. Graffam (mgraffam at mhv.net)
http://www.mhv.net/~mgraffam -- Philosophy, Religion, Computers, Crypto, etc
"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity.
Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the
guidance of another. . .Sapere aude! Have the courage to use your own
understanding!" - Immanuel Kant "What is Enlightenment?"