Is it true that PGP 5.X is not secure?

Steve Bryan sbryan at vendorsystems.com
Tue Sep 1 07:20:37 PDT 1998

Why pay attention to ill-supported rumors? The source code is publicly
available at www.pgpi.com. If there is a security issue then it can be
critiqued with reference to the places in the source code that are the
cause of the problem. If someone has done this, I haven't been paying close
enough attention and I apologize for ranting. If not, then I would dismiss
such claims as almost certainly baseless.

Steve Bryan
Vendorsystems International
email: sbryan at vendorsystems.com
icq: 5263678
pgp fingerprint: D758 183C 8B79 B28E 6D4C  2653 E476 82E6 DA7C 9AC5