your mail

Joel O'Connor ogrenivek at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 27 12:15:49 PST 1998

That's cool man, I see your point.  Guess I shouldn't knock it when
I've only had one experience.  It's true, I got on the train quicker
than I've ever gotten on a flight and didn't face any harrassment.
Actually, I faced more harrassment from my Gestapo math teacher in
high school trying to board a bus than getting on the train.  He
looked at me and told me I was trouble and searched every crevice of
my bag, personal being and space.  "But doctor, both your hands on my
shoulders. . ."you get the point and that's exactly what's happening
to us each and every day.

---Chip Mefford <cmefford at video.avwashington.com> wrote:

> I've taken that same route, except up
> to no. Vermont rather than RI,
>
> I travelled anonymously, for an extra 50 bux,
> I had my own little private cabin, I was never
> searched, my bags were never xrayed by incompetent
> androids, was able to find company from the
> hordes that you describe to sit with me in my
> lil cabin and spend some time (wink wink, nudge
> nudge) and so forth.
>
> yeah, an entire day spent with a whole pile of
> folks can really be a horrible drag, and I'm
> told that travelling on the weekends thats
> what you can expect.
>
> But, shuffling in and out of Polizei Central,
> subjecting myself to xrays and potential
> cavity searches, showing ID to every bone
> head that demands it, just seems a little
> too kyrstalnachtish for my taste, I don't care
> if I EVER fly again.
>
> Its easier, less hassle, more anonymous to
> travel by train than it is to drive, or
> for that matter, walk.
>
> yes, its VERY easy for the SS
> to stop and search a train, but the plane
> is a forgone situation. By entering an
> airport, you've already consented to be
> stripped of nearly every right you thought
> you may have had.
>
> I had an experience like you describe travelling
> from Atlanta to DC by bus once when a young-un.
> I too, swore I'd never do it again, and I didn't,
> not till I mustered out of the military and they
> stuck me on a 10 hr busride to the nearest
> depot to go home, and yes, I still hated it.
>
> to each his own,
>
> take care
>
> chipper
>
> On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Joel O'Connor wrote:
>
> > I traveled by train all the way to Florida from Rhode Island once.
 24
> > hours straight it took man and I swore I would never do it again.
> > 40-50 people per car and basically one bathroom per car.  Come
morning
> > time man, the lines for the bathrooms stretched out of the cars.
> > Screw that, I could have flown and made it in 3 hours. Plus it's
> > easier for the gov't to stop trains and search them, I'd rather go
> > with the flight.
> >

> > ---Chip Mefford <cmefford at video.avwashington.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > Where possible,
> > >
> > > fuk a bunch of airlines anyway.
> > >
> > > Travel by train is a lot more enjoyable, relaxing, fun.
> > > Folks that travel by train could fly, but would
> > > preferr to enjoy the ride, cause it ain't no cheaper,
> > >
> > > except, !!
> > >
> > > you can pay with cash and show no id and go
> > > where you would like in the lower 48.
> > >
> > > anonymously.

> > cannot travel

> > but I can