Censored news topic censored ...

Mark Hedges hedges at infopeace.com
Thu Oct 22 15:27:48 PDT 1998

It sounds like even the enlightened folks at NPR don't have the guts
to stand up and say something about issues as critical as expanded
FBI powers over citizens and the sneaky tricks used to pass those laws.

It's not really a big surprise, though.  Monica Lewinsky's blowjobs
take precedence over incredulous claims like 'NSA SPIES ON EVERYONE'
and 'FBI MONITORS YOU WITHOUT WARRANTS'.

They will have to live with their own lack of character. So will we.

Mark Hedges

At 1:13 PM -0700 10/22/98, Ernest Hua wrote:
>Dear TOTN at NPR,
>
>This is most distressing.  I was one of the very first
>callers to your Talk of the Nation show today whose
>topic was relevant news reporting in the US.  My topic
>was the lack of reporting on the FBI's last minute
>sneak of the roving wire tap proposal into the
>intelligence budget bill.  I wanted Ray to talk about
>the editorial process and how these things get dropped
>on the floor as this item is extremely important to
>our democracy because it is an agency charged with
>protecting our Constitutional rights (the FBI) who is
>deliberately circumventing the democratic legislative
>process to pass a law which was sounded defeated two
>years ago in open debate.
>
>Ironically, my topic was censored, and I waited an
>hour, while other people wanted to discuss things
>like how they can vent about their divorce
>difficulties through the Monica Lewinsky scandal, only
>to be dropped in the end.
>
>Would any of the NPR staff or Mr. Suarez would like
>to explain just what happened here?
>
>Ern
>
>--------
>Ernest Hua, TeraLogic Inc, 1300 Villa St, Mountain View, CA 94041
>(650) 526-6064, hua at teralogic-inc.com

  Mark Hedges      hedges at infopeace.com      www.infopeace.com

  "One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard
  a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish
  a dictatorship."  O'Brien from 1984, George Orwell