SSZ - IRS update (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Tue Oct 20 19:25:52 PDT 1998

Forwarded message:

> Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:26:29 -0400
> From: John Young <jya at pipeline.com>
> Subject: Re: SSZ - IRS update

> Okay, thanks for the update. Any chance that affidavit can
> be shared? Or is there a sword over your head?
>
> Not meaning to get in your affairs, just hoping for information.

Once I know that my part in the matter is concluded I'll scan and make
available the subpeona, the affadavit, & the RCMP photo of Toto that I was
asked to identify, but not to share around at this time. That won't occur
until I've either been released from the Grand Jury or appeared before them.
I will continue to make updates as events unfold provided they don't
conflict with any actions (or non-actions) that I've agreed to comply with.

> Can you tell more about the lack of support from Austin cpunks,
> any change, or are you left to fend for yourself?

Um, I would have to say that other than the one person who helped me obtain
a lawyer to review my subpeona and affadavit, another person apologized for
their oversight, I've basicaly received zero support. I've decided that
since the group is so apathetic about the entire set of issues relating to
cryptography, civil liberties, & economics I won't be hosting the webpage or
mailing list after Nov. 1, 1998. This bums me out more than I know how to
express, something like 4+ years worth of effort shot to shit. It has such
potential but will remain unfulfilled so long as members find the O'Henry
Pun-Off more important. This in no way will alter my continued support of the
CDR node I host. There has not been a single piece of discussion on the
Austin Cpunks mailing list itself other than my announcement that I was
ceasing support and 1 persons responce that they had no objections.

> Sorry to say the obvious, but watch your back. No not Adam,
> he's certifiably cuckoo, it's the reasonable people that scare me.
                                   ^
                                   supposedly

:)

       To know what is right and not to do it is the worst cowardice.

                                                     Confucius

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com