IRS wants cypherpunks archives

Adam Back aba at dcs.ex.ac.uk
Tue Oct 13 14:16:42 PDT 1998

Jeff, and fellow agents seem to be interested in cypherpunks archives
(as evidenced by asking Jim Choate who operates one of the mailing
list nodes, but who does _not_ offer archived list traffic).  Jeff is
Cc'd on this post to be helpful (who says cypherpunks aren't helpful
-- you only have to ask).

This archive seems to be operational:

	http://www.inet-one.com/cypherpunks/

And looks to cover the last year or so at least.

The one at minder.net says 0 items available:

	http://www.minder.net/cgi-bin/lwgate.cgi/CYPHERPUNKS/archives/

so something appears wrong with that one (Brian?)

and Ryan's sof.mit.edu archive is down still since the disk crash.

Are there any others?

I do have a reasonable set of archives going back to May '96 in RMAIL
format, but am not too keen on mailing them due to bandwidth -- would
take a few hours at 28.8k baud.  (Also there seem to be some older
archives on Remo Pini's crypto CD, but I think they are too old to be
of interest to IRS).

Adam