importance of motivation

Blanc blancw at cnw.com
Sat Oct 3 10:06:06 PDT 1998

>From John Young:

: 'Twould be nice if rationality waned for a generation or
: many, give us time to recover from being overdosed with
: it since the ahem Renaissance, and suffering the damage of
: Renaissance Persons with pseudo-mastery of more than
: they know how to handle except to blow the shit out of a
: world they cannot truly comprehend except as a clueless
: wad defying self-annointe High IQers.

You are mistaken, John.   I won't say it depends upon what your definition of "is", is, but ...
rationality is not the opposite of sanity.  I think you're really thinking about coerced
intelligence, as practiced in the public schools and various places of presumptions to authority.
That is not the intended meaning of the word.   Being rational has nothing to do with imposing one's
methods on others.   Rationality, which would support one's own, also prevents the motivation
towards disturbing another's peace.   Rather should you blame the lack of perspective and the
problems of a disturbed psychology.

    ..
Blanc