business regulatory burden (Re: GPL & commercial software, the critical distinction)

Adam Back aba at dcs.ex.ac.uk
Thu Oct 1 01:02:06 PDT 1998

Christoper Petro writes:
> >If you seriously think this is a heavily regulated market you should do more
> >research into such places as Nazi Germany, Russia, China, etc.
>
> 	France, England etc.
>
> 	We are _going_ that route, with more and more regualtion being
> dumped on the backs of businesses daily.

Yup I can confirm that one for England.  I made the mistake of
registering a Ltd company to do crypto hacking through, and you would
not believe the mountain of forms they send you.  I reckon I must've
had order of a foot deep pile of paper sent to me since doing it.  As
a one man type operation, most of it can go straight in the trash, but
you've still got to sift it.

Adam