your mail

Steve Mynott steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 04:44:08 PST 1998

On Sun, Nov 22, 1998 at 01:54:42PM -0800, holist wrote:
> I'm sorry if this is gnawing at old bones for you, but I recently heard from
> a rather paranoid, anonymous source here in Hungay that PGP was compromised,
> Zimmermann sold out to the Feds, all versions except possibly early DOS
> versions of PGP have back doors in them.

This is probably bullshit since the source is available to open view...

However, given that few have the technical skills to audit this source
I wonder how easy it would be to insert a backdoor and what form it
would take?

--
1024/D9C69DF9 steve mynott steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk http://www.pineal.com/

substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your
editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.
        -- mark twain