Goldbach's Conjecture (fwd)

Blake Buzzini bab282 at psu.edu
Thu Nov 19 21:06:44 PST 1998

>From _Elementary Theory of Numbers_ by William J. LeVeque, pg. 6:

"It was conjectured by Charles Goldbach in 1742 that every even integer
larger than 4 is the sum of two odd primes.  (All primes except 2 are odd,
of course, since evenness means divisibility by two.)"

>From _Excursions in Number Theory_ by C. Stanley Ogilvy and John T.
Anderson, pg. 82:

"Goldbach's conjecture. Is every even number expressible as the sum of two
primes?"

>From _Goldbach's Conjecture_ by Eric W. Weisstein
(http://www.astro.virginia.edu/~eww6n/math/GoldbachConjecture.html):

"Goldbach's original conjecture, written in a 1742 letter to Euler, states
that every Integer >5 is the Sum of three Primes. As re-expressed by Euler,
an equivalent of this Conjecture (called the ``strong'' Goldbach conjecture)
asserts that all Positive Even Integers >= 4 can be expressed as the Sum of
two Primes."

Am I misreading somewhere?

Blake Buzzini, PSU