Math Forum - Ask Dr. Math (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Thu Nov 19 14:14:44 PST 1998

Forwarded message:

> Subject: Re: Math Forum - Ask Dr. Math (fwd)
> Date: Thu, 19 Nov 98 10:48:53 -0800
> From: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri at netcom.com>

> jim, don't be a bonehead.
> what would it gain you if one defined 1 as prime?!?!?
> "very bad science/math"?? yeah, coming from you!!

Quite sendin this shit to my private email, send it to the list.

It gains a consistency at the axiomatic level that isn't there now.

If it won't do anything to the math you shouldn't object to adding it
(course you'll have to add 'applies to all primes except 1' to a lot of
theorems.

            Lawyers ask the wrong questions when they don't want
            the right answers.

                                        Scully (X-Files)

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com