FC: More on Network Associates and its crypto-politics

William H. Geiger III whgiii at openpgp.net
Wed Nov 18 02:46:34 PST 1998

In <v04020a04b277c6d69429@[139.167.130.246]>, on 11/17/98
   at 07:35 PM, Robert Hettinga <rah at shipwright.com> said:

>TIS supports export controls on encryption products. My article:
> http://www.well.com/user/declan/pubs/cwd.shadow.cryptocrats.0298.txt

I doubt that TIS really cares one way or the other so long as they keep their fat government contracts. Of course those same contracts require keeping the government happy (ie: supporting GAK), TIS and others (being the corporate whores that they are) will sell out their own mothers (and the rest of us along with them) if it looked good on the bottom line.

A real shame that PGP had to get mixed up with these vipers.

William H. Geiger III  http://www.openpgp.net

OS/2 PGP 5.0 at: http://www.openpgp.net/pgp.html