IP: Clinton Wants Loophole In U.S. Free Speech Closed (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Wed Nov 11 05:51:06 PST 1998

Forwarded message:

> Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 05:27:11 -0800 (PST)
> From: b!X <bix at geekforce.org>
> Subject: Re: IP: Clinton Wants Loophole In U.S. Free Speech Closed

> And notice also that the 1st begins with "Congress shall make no law" while
> the 2nd begins with "a well regulated militia".

> Becos the attempted paraody was lame in the same ways that all attempts to

Hey, can I use that spelling of 'because'? I want to irritate a particular
wanna-be-english-teacher subsribed to the CDR...;)

> nonrationally support 2nd amendment freedoms by calling down the gods of 1st
> amendment freeomds always are nonrational. (And no, that's not me saying
> supporting 2nd amendment freedoms is irrational; it's me saying using the
> 1st amendment to do so is irrational).

Yep, you have to use the 9th and 10th as well. In for a penny end for a
pound.

				ARTICLE IX.

	The enumeration of the Constitution, of certain rights, shall
not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

				ARTICLE X.

	The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution,
nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively,
or to the people.

            Lawyers ask the wrong questions when they don't want
            the right answers.

                                        Scully (X-Files)

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com