dbts: Privacy Fetishes, Perfect Competition, and the (fwd)

Petro petro at playboy.com
Tue Nov 10 11:17:09 PST 1998

At 11:38 AM -0500 11/10/98, Jim Choate wrote:
> [...]

	Theft, violence and extortion are already legitimate, not only does
the government use them all the time, but corporations and indivuduals do
as well.

>leave it all on the shoulder of the individuals. Additionaly they abandon
>such concepts of justice, equity, etc. because they describe no mechanism

	There is no (or little) justice under the current system. When was
the last time a cop went to jail for a murder that he/she committed while
on duty. Is OJ behind bars?

	We have courts of Law, Justice is ashamed to show her face.

>to handle these issues. And finaly, they don't even attempt to recognize
>the international interactions and cultural differences that drive them.

	We recognize that these interactions exist, but guess what, for any
sort  of anarchy to exist, it has to happen globally. We are as concerned
about the people on the other side of the planet as we are about the people
in the next city over. Just not much.

>They make the same mistake as every other form of non-democratic system,
>they assume because it works for one it works for all.

	No, we assume the opposite, that nothing works for large numbers of
people, and everyone should be free to find their own level.

>> This is the same sort of tactic imho as the war on drugs(tm). Big show,
>> little enforcement, extract money from the money holders. Money exchanges =
>> leniency.
>
>Not even hardly. At least citizens can change the laws under a democracy.
>Under an anarcho-whatever it is strictly lump it or like it unless you're
>willing to fund a bigger gun.

	Riiiighhht. Tell that to Californians who decided that Marjuana
should be part of Doctors tool kit, and the Feds said "prescribe it and
loose your lisence to prescribe".

>> Aside from the comment on honesty, the rest of this reply is sophistry.
>> Petro was asserting a point, which Jim acknowledged, then procedes to
>> assassinate with particulars of questionable relevance. In a true anarchy,
>> who is to say that trade in human lives and stolen property must be stopped
>> in that "true free market"???
>I'm going to stop now, this particular vein of discussion is bereft of any
>and all positive attributes when one tries to justify slavery and theft.

	He was just taking into account different cultural differences.
Some cultures don't have a problem with slavery.

	Personally, given a lack of law enforcement, I'd shoot the
bastards, but then I never claimed to be tolerant of other peoples
cultures.
--
"To sum up: The entire structure of antitrust statutes in this country is a
jumble of economic irrationality and ignorance. It is a product: (a) of a

Petro::E-Commerce Adminstrator::Playboy Ent. Inc.::petro at playboy.com