How to solve the tax problem w/o anarchy or force (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Mon Nov 9 20:43:21 PST 1998

Forwarded message:

> Subject: Re: How to solve the tax problem w/o anarchy or force (fwd)
> Date: Mon, 09 Nov 98 14:10:11 -0800
> From: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri at netcom.com>

> Jim: the govt is the way it is because the sheeple of this
> country have let it get out of control for many decades.
> the idea that "someone else handles that stuff" has infected
> our consciousness. govt is something WE handle if we want
> a good one. if you want something done right, do it yourself.

I agree in principle. I also believe though that the people who are taking
advantage of the peoples character (it's mentioned in the Declaration of
Indipendance) do so in a pre-meditated way. The people may bear some blame
but they're not doing it out of malice and malpheasance.

> cpunks actually contribute to this problem with their nihilistic
> philosophy in general. the msg is that it is a waste of time
> to engage in group activity or political discourse or lobbying
> against the govt or organization or *whatever*... it's actually
> just a variant on the sheeple passivity. sheeple are like, "that's
> not my job". cpunks are like, "it is a waste of time and energy
> to do that job". what's the difference in the end??

It's like those punk kids dressed in leather, tatoos, and pierced body parts
yammering about being different, yet they all look the same.

> the govt can be turned around very, very quickly if the public
> stops sucking down sixpacks and being hypnotized by meaningless
> dribble of sporting events and sitcoms that parade endlessly
> across their nanosecond attention span. maybe they might read
> even more than a comic book or pornographic magazine some day.
> the political class *intentionally* created this bread and
> circus atmosphere and are hiding behind the scenes as we
> speak. no dorothy do not look at the man behind the curtain.

I agree. Though I don't believe it necessarily requires the majority to do
it. If it does then we may be doomed before we even start. As long as the
government recognizes in any shape, form, or fashion that majority rule is
limited by individual rights there is a chance that a small group dedicated
and forthright can overcome.

> who seek it. "when the student is ready the teacher will appear"

God, ain't that the truth. I'm drowning in the damn books trying to keep up
with just a couple of my personal interests.

            Lawyers ask the wrong questions when they don't want
            the right answers.

                                        Scully (X-Files)

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com