A Plug

StanSqncrs at aol.com StanSqncrs at aol.com
Fri May 29 01:10:32 PDT 1998

Hey look, Nobody's expressed interest in joining FreeGroup, but he can't come
in anomonously because of the 'machine' involved with my list.  So, the only
way he can do it (and remain anonomous) is by coming in under a different
alias (since the other one's been uncovered, IMHO.)  But, if he simply applies
now under a different alias, he knows that I know it's him, so I need to give
him cover, so I'm going to give a little FreeGroup plug to all the
Cypherpunks, so I won't really know it's him that's applying, when he does.
In reality, other Cypherpunks are also very welcome to join.

So Cypherpunks, here's something you (almost) missed by not being in
FreeGroup, posts that show that the right-wing stole the anti-FBI/Government
sentiment card from guess who, us Liberals!  We never took it as far as they
did, though.  We aren't that stupid :-) And if somehow my memory fails and I
already posted this (and any others) here, let me apologize in advance (though
somehow, I doubt anyone will mind (except perhaps any FBI agents that might be
viewing ;-) )  But before we get to the FBI (a favorite on this list, from my
obvservations), first we talk about other government agencies -
======
Subj:	The Arch Angel
Date:	5/27/98
To: [FreeGroup]

Bet some of you newcomers wonder where the right-wing got the idea that being
anti-government might be a popular idea.  I'll tell you where.  They got it
from us liberals

... Around here (thanks to Fred), this guy is known as the 'Arch Angel Arlo'.
He was my favorite political composer of the era -
======
Alices Resturant
Alice's Restaurant Massacree - by Arlo Guthrie

This song is called Alice's Restaurant, it's a - bout Alice - and the
restaurant
But Alice's Restaurant is not the name of the restaurant that's - just the
name of the song
That's why I call the song Alice's Restaurant

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant
You can get anything you want - at Alice's Restaurant
Walk right in it's around the back - just a half a mile from the railroad
track
You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant

Now it all started 2 Thanksgivings ago thats on 2 years ago on Thanksgiving
when my friend and I went up to visit Alice at the Restaurant, but - Alice
doesn't live in the Restaurant, she - lives in the church nearby the
restaurant in the bell tower, with her husband Ray and, Fasha the dog and
living in the bell tower like that they got a lot of room downstairs where the
pews used to've been, having all that room, seein' how they took out all the
pews, they decided that they didn't have to take out their garbage for a long
time.

We got up there, we found all the garbage in there and we decided it'd be a -
friendly gesture for us to take the garbage down to the city dump.  So we took
the half-a-ton of garbage put it in the back of a red VW microbus took shovels
and rakes and impliments of destruction and - headed on toward the city dump.

Well we got there there's a big sign and a chain across the dump saying
"closed on Thanksgiving" and, we had never heard of a dump closed on
Thanksgiving before and with - tears in our eyes we drove off into the sunset
looking for - another place to put the garbage.  We didn't find one -

'Till we came to a side road and off the side of the side road was another 15
foot cliff and, at the bottom of the cliff was another pile of garbage and, we
decided that 1 big pile was better than 2 little piles and rather than bring
that one up, we decided to throw ours down.  That's what we did. Drove back to
the church had a Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat went to sleep and
didn't get up until the next morning, when we got a phone call from Officer
Obie.

Said "Kid -  we found your name on an envelope at the bottom of a half-a-ton
of garbage and - just wanted to know if you had any information about it" and
I said "yes sir Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie - I put that envelope under
that garbage."

After speaking to Obie for about 45 minutes on the telephone we finally
arrived at the truth of the matter and said that we had to go down and pick up
the garbage and, also had to go down and speak to him at the Police Officer
station so we got in the red, VW microbus with the shovels and rakes and
implements of destruction and headed on towards the Police Officer station.

Now friends, there was only 1 of 2 things Obie could've done at the Police
station, and the 1st was that he could've givin us a medal for being so brave
and honest on the telephone, which wasn't very likely, and we didn't expect
it, and the other thing was, that he could've bawled us out and told us never
to be seen driving garbage around the vicinity again.  Which is what we
expected, but when we got to the Police Officer station, there was a 3rd
possibility that we hadn't even counted upon, and we was both immediatly
arrested.  Handcuffed and I said Obie "I - don't think I can pick up the
garbage with these handcuffs on."  Said "Shut up kid, get in the back of the
patrol car" and that's what we did, sat in the back of the patrol car and
drove to the quote "scene-of-the-crime" unquote.

I want to tell you about the town of Stockbridge, Massachusetts where this
happened here, they got 3 stop signs - 2 police officers and 1 police car, but
when we got to the "scene-of-the-crime", there was 5 police officers and 3
police cars - being the biggest crime of the last 50 years and everybody
wanted to get in the newspaper story about it.  And they was using up all
kinds of cop equipment that they had hanging around the Police Officer
station.  They was taking plaster tire track footprints dog smellin' prints,
and they took twenty-seven 8 by 10 color glossy photographs, with circles and
arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to
be used as evidence against us.  Took pictures of the approach, the getaway,
the northwest corner, the southwest corner, and that's not to mention the
ariel photography.

After the ordeal, we went back to the jail Obie said he was gonna put us in
the cell, said "Kid, I'm gonna put you in the cell, I want your wallet and
your belt."  I said "Obie, I can understand you wanting my wallet so I don't
have any money to spend in the cell but what do you want my belt for?" Said
"Kid - we don't want any hangins."  Said "Obie, did you think I was gonna hang
myself for littering?"  Obie said he was making sure, and friends, Obie was
'cause he took out the toilet seat so I couldn't hit myself over the head and
drown.  And he took out the toilet paper so I couldn't bend the bars, roll
out, roll the toilet paper out the window, slide down the roll and have an
escape.  Obie was making sure, and it was about 4 or 5 hours later, that
Alice, remember Alice?  It's a song about Alice.  Alice came by and with a few
nasty words to Obie on the side - bailed us out of jail, we went back to the
church, had another Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat and didn't get
up until the next morning, when we all had to go to court.

We walked in, sat down. Obie came in - with the twenty-seven 8 by 10 color
glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each
one, sat down.  Man came in said "All rise." We all stood up	and Obie stood up
with the twenty-seven 8 by 10 color glossy pictures and the Judge walked in,
sat down with a seeing-eye dog and he sat down.  We sat down.  Obie looked at
the seeing-eye dog.  And then at the twenty-seven 8 by 10 color glossy
pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one -
and looked at the seeing-eye dog.  And then at the twenty-seven 8 by 10 color
glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of
each one and began to cry - 'cause Obie came to the realization, that it was a
typical case - of 'American Blind Justice', and there was nothing he could do
about it, and the Judge wasn't gonna look at the twenty-seven 8 by 10 color
glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of
each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us.  And
we was fined fifty dollars and had to - pick up the garbage in the snow, but -
that's not what I came to tell you about.  Came to talk about the draft.

They got a building down in New York City it's called 'Whitehall Street' where
you walk in and get injected, inspected, detected, infected, neglected and
selected.  I went down to get my physical examination one day and I walked in,
sat down - got good and drunk the night before so I looked and felt my best
when I went in that mornin'.  'Cause I wanted to look like the all American
kid from New York City.  Man I wanted, I wanted to feel like the all, I wanted
to be - the all American kid, from New York and I walked in, sat down I was
hung down, brung down, hung up and all - kinds of mean, nasty, ugly things,
and I walked in, I sat down, they gave me a piece of paper that said "Kid -
see the Psychiatrist, room 6O4.  And - I went up there, said "Shrink, I wanna
kill. I mean I wanna, wanna kill.  Kill.  I wanna, wanna see, I wanna see
blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies.  I mean
kill. Kill. KILL. KILL."  And I started jumping up and down, yellin' "KILL.
KILL."  And he started jumping up and down with me with me, and we was both
jumpin' up and down, yelling "KILL.  KILL."  And the Sergeant came over,
pinned a medal on me, sent me down the hall, said "You're our boy."  Didn't
feel to good about it, uh, proceeded down the hall getting more injections,
inspections, detections, neglections, and all - kinds of stuff that they was
doin' to me at the thing there and I was there for 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours -
I was there a long time goin' through all kinds of mean, nasty, ugly things
and I  - was, just having a tough time there and they was inspecting,
injecting every - single part of me, and they was leavin' no place untouched.
Proceeded through and I - when finally came to see the very last man, I walked
in, I walked in, sat down after a whole big thing there, and I walked up and
said "What do ya want".  He said "Kid, we only got one question - have you
ever been arrested?"

I proceeded to tell him the story of the 'Alice's Restaurant Massacree' with -
full orchestration and five part harmony and stuff like that and then all the
phenomina "Stop It Right There" said "Kid - did you ever go to court?"

I proceeded to tell him the story of the twenty-seven 8 by 10 color glossy
pictures with the circles and arrows, and a paragraph on the back of each one
"Stop It Right There" and said "Kid - I want you to go over and sit down on
that bench that says 'Group W' - NOW KID!"

I, and I, I walked over to the, to the bench there, and there is - there's
Group W's where they, where they put ya, if you may not be moral enough to, to
join the Army, after committing your special crime and - there was all kinds
of mean, nasty, ugly looking people on the bench there -  mother rapers -
father stabbers - father rapers! - father rapers sittin' right there on the
bench next to me and, one, they was mean and nasty and ugly, and horible and
crime, fighting guys was sittin' on the bench.  And the meanest, ugliest,
nastiest  one - the meanest father raper of them all, was coming over to me,
and he was mean and ugly and nasty and horible and all kinds of things, and he
sat down next to me and said "Kid - what did ya get?"

I said "I didn't get nothin', I had to pay fifty dollars and pick up the
garbage". He said "What were you arrested for, kid?" and I - said "Littering"
- and they all moved away from me on the bench there and the hairy eyeball,
and all kinds of mean, nasty things, 'till I said "and creating a nuisance"
and they all came back, shook my hand and we had a great time talkin' about
crime, mother stabbin', mother raping, and all kinds of groovy things that we
was talkin' about on the bench.  And everything was fine, we was smoking
cigarettes and all kinds of things, until the Sergeant came over - had some
paper in his hand, said "Kids -

This piece of papers got 47 word 37 sentences 58 word we want to know detail
of the crime time crime and any kind of thing you got to say time and tune
about the crime unknown arresting officers name and everything you got to
say..." and he talked for 45 minutes, and nobody understood a word that he
said, but we had fun filling out the forms and playing with the pencils on the
bench there and - I filled out the 'Massacree' with the 4 part harmony and -
wrote it down there, just like it was and everything was fine and I - put down
the pencil and turned over the piece of paper and there - there on the other
side - in the middle of the other side - away from everything else on the
other side - in parenthesis - capital letters - quotated - read the following
words.

"Kid - have you rehabilitated yourself?"  I went over to the Sergeant and said
"Sergeant, you've got a - lot of damn gall to ask me if I've rehabilitated
myself, I mean - I mean - I mean, I just, I'm sittin' here on the bench, I
mean I'm sitting on the Group W bench - because you want to know if I'm moral
enough to join the Army, burn women, kids houses and villages after being a
litterbug."  He looked at me and said "Kid - we don't like your kind - and
we're going to send your fingerprints off to Washington" and friends -
somewhere in Washington enshrined in some little folder is a - study in black
and white - of my fingerprints.

And the only reason why I'm singing you this song now is because you may know
somebody in a similar situation - or YOU may be in a similar situation and if
you're in a situation like that - there's only one thing you can do is, walk
into the shrink wherever you are, just walk in and say "Shrink -

You can get anything you want at Alice's Resaurant" and walk out.  Ya know, if
1 person, just 1 person does it they'll think he's really sick and they wont
take him.  And if 2 people, 2 people do it - in harmony - they may think
they're both faggots and won't take either of 'em.  And if 3 people do it - 3,
can you imagine 3 people walking in singing a bar of 'Alice's Restaurant' and
walking out?  They may think it's an organization.  And can you, can you
imagine 5O people a day?  I said 5O people a day walking in singing a bar of
'Alice's Restaurant' and walking out.  And friends they may think it's a
movement, and that's what it is.  The 'Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massecree'
movement, and all you got to do to join, is sing it the next time it comes
around on guitar - with feeling.  So we'll wait 'till it comes around on the
guitar here and sing it when it does - here it comes -

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant
You can get anything you want - at Alice's Restaurant
Walk right in it's around the back - just a half a mile from the railroad
track
You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant

That was horrible.  You want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.  You
could put alot, I've been singing this song now for about 25 minutes - I could
sing it for another 25 minutes - I'm not proud - or tired - so we'll wait
'till it comes around again and - this time with 4 part harmony and feeling -
we're just waiting for it to come around is what we're doing - allright now -

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant, excepting Alice
You can get anything you want - at Alice's Restaurant
Just walk right in it's around the back - just a half a mile from the railroad
track
and you can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant

Da da da da da dum, at Alice's Restaurant!
======
Stan,
FreeGroup - "Just Say It!"
http://members.aol.com/whtsametau/FreeGroup.html