Lack of net access blows:

Xcott Craver caj at math.niu.edu
Thu May 28 18:16:15 PDT 1998

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Nalus Optic wrote:

> Cyberpunks,
>
> 	Que pasa?  My name is D and I am new to the list...I will most
> likely just be lurking for a while, till I get a visit from the Duel
> Pentium II 266, 128megs of RAM, running Linux on one PII and Win98 on the
> Other Fariy...She should be along by the end of the summer...

Hey, if you're a BeOS developer (and you can become one for free,) United
Micro will give you a discount on a dual PII-266 system w/ 128 Megs.  I
have just such a beast, and it ain't bad.  SMP rocks.  Haven't tried to
put Windows on it, though.

> 	Anywhoo, the point of the subject is that at this point and time
> I don't have net access so I was hopeing someone out there would send me
> the FAQ that is talked of in the welcome message.  It can be found at:

> 	anonymous ftp to rtfm.mit.edu:pub/usenet-by-group/sci.crypt

	Well sir, there's about 4 FAQs there, one of which is in
	10 parts.  What do you want?

	There's the Cryptography FAQ (the big one), the snake-oil
	FAQ, the RSA-Cryptography-today FAQ, and the SSL talk list
	FAQ.  The 10 parts of the big one:

		Overview		Public-key Cryptography
		Net Etiquette		Digital Signatures
		Basic Cryptology	Technical Miscellany
		Mathematical Cryptology	Other Miscellany
		Product Ciphers		References

	They range in size from 1-20 k, and ~100 k for the whole
	thing.
							-Xcott

 ,oooooooo8     o     ooooo at math.niu.edu  --  http://www.math.niu.edu/~caj/
o888'   `88   ,888.    888
888          ,8'`88.   888    "In Geometry, there is no royal hyperspace
888o.   ,oo ,8oooo88.  888   wormhole."  --Buck Euclid in the 25th century
`888oooo88 o88o  o888o 888