Gunpowder taggant solution

Jim Gillogly jim at mentat.com
Sat May 16 11:48:30 PDT 1998

Igor said:
> I think that the gunpowder taggants are not as bad as it seems at first
> sight. EVen if all gunpowders are sold with taggants, and if there is
> enough people wishing to defeat them, they can simply organize gunpowder
> mixing parties at gun shows. After several such parties, the taggants
> might become completely useless.

I'm woefully ignorant about reloading, but would this really work?
Would you mix your high-quality smokeless with Tim's homebrew black
powder, Toto's pebble-ground Canada Red Doobie Mix, and Bell's
stinkbomb components and take away the average?  Or are different types
of powder visually distinct enough or similar enough in effect to mix
and match effectively?

	Jim Gillogly