First meeting of DCS-NY -- The Digital Commerce Society of NewYork

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sun May 10 16:37:54 PDT 1998

--- begin forwarded text

To: dcs-ny-rsvp at piermont.com
Subject: First meeting of DCS-NY -- The Digital Commerce Society of New York
From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry at piermont.com>
Date: 10 May 1998 18:30:48 -0400

[You are getting this either because you are either someone who
 I think would be interested in this announcement, or because you are
 on a mailing list devoted to issues related to electronic commerce. To
 prevent people from accidentally replying to the whole list, I've
 bcc'ed the recipients.

 Please feel free to forward this message to other interested
 individuals.]

As some of you probably know, Robert Hettinga has been running a group
called the Digital Commerce Society of Boston for some time now.  DCSB
meets once a month for lunch at the Harvard Club in Boston to hear a
speaker and discuss the implications of rapidly emerging internet and
cryptographic technologies on finance and commerce -- "Digital
Commerce", in short.

Interest has been expressed in starting a similar organization here in
New York. I'm therefore pleased to announce the initial meeting of the
Digital Commerce Society of New York (DCS-NY). We intend to meet the
second Tuesday of each month for lunch, probably at the Harvard Club
in New York, and conduct meetings much like those of DCSB.

If you are interested in attending our first luncheon meeting, which
will be held on June 9th, or if you wish to be informed of future
meetings by e-mail please send an RSVP to "dcs-ny-rsvp at piermont.com"
We will send out an announcement in about another week informing
people of the final choice of venue and the cost for the lunch.

Perry

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah at shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/