corvette.bxa.doc.gov followup

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sat May 9 19:04:49 PDT 1998

I talked to Peter Cassidy yesterday.

We talked about corvette. For the record, they don't deny it's theirs, and
that it's part of their ongoing enforcement operations.

Maybe it's time to fire up your spider traps, boys and girls? I do know
that Los Alamos had one up for fun a few years ago. It was discussed on
this list about the time AltaVista got started, maybe 3 years ago...

I bet that corvette doesn't give a squalling fuck about "no-crawling" HTML
requests...

Anyone want to bet on how long it'll be some idiot in DC tries to make
spidertraps illegal?

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah at shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/