S-909 Revised

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Mon Mar 30 14:12:39 PST 1998

We've received from anonymous a copy of Senators
McCain and Kerrey's draft revisions to S.909, The
Secure Public Networks Act, as announced in early
March:

   http://jya.com/s909-rev.htm  (60K)

This is encryption legislation due to be introduced in May
and is now being circulated among government
agencies and industry for comment.

It draws heavily on the FBI "technical assistance draft"
of last year which made recommendations for modifying
the original bill. See links to both from this draft.

Page 2 of the draft was not provided. Anybody with
a copy of the page we'd appreciate getting it, digitized if
convenient, faxed if not: 212-799-4003.