Fucking Sheeple / Re: Does Spamming Really Exist?

Spammer spam at dev.null
Fri Mar 20 18:49:02 PST 1998

Ian Briggs wrote:

> >> Spamming is an 'imaginary' felony, as are anonymity and encryption.
>
> No, its actually theft of services.
>
> Imagine if I called you collect anytime I was out and about and your phone
> automatically accepted the charge.  Then I spent a couple minutes filling
> you in on my day, and how I felt.

Then I would be a fucking idiot for willingly giving my business to
a phone company that  would allow this.
The fact is, the only phone company available to me is a monopoly
who will no doubt institute this 'feature' because of your suggestion.
I will have them forward my bill to you...

> 1.  ISP pay for bandwidth.
>         If your outside the US 128Kbps lines can go upwards of several thousand         a
> month.

Then they should expend the time, energy and resources that will
enable them to deny the use of their commonly shared resources
with members of the InterNet community which they do not wish
to support.

> 2.  Spammers relay through other ISP mail servers.
>         This usually kills their mail server, or they get added to Paul Vixie's
> blackhole list.

The InterNet is a shared resource. If the ISP does not want to
share certain resources with this-or-that entity on the communal
resource of the Net, then they can configure their system to
deny reciprocal services to their fellow Netizens.

> 3.  It wastes ISP time.
>         ISP get dozens of complaints a day and have to explain to every newbie
> exactly what spam is, why they got it, etc. etc.

Perhaps they should spend their time configuring their systems to
allow what they feel is most useful to their customers, and tell
those who complain to go somewhere else.

> I know, im an ISP.

I will petition the government to pass laws to prevent your ISP
from spamming me with posts such as this, which reflect nothing
more than the standard Sheeple position that anything which you
do not personally desire should be outlawed.

"That which is not permitted, is forbidden."
~ Animal Farm

Spammer