Fortify

David Honig honig at otc.net
Fri Mar 13 09:45:30 PST 1998

At 07:03 AM 3/13/98 +0100, Anonymous wrote:
>Tthe remarkably hackable nature of  Netscape's "weak" crypto has been
marveled
>at here and in the press, but has no one else speculated on how this state of
>affairs came to be?  I, for one, would like to thank the anonymous
cypherpunks
>toiling in the bowels of Netscape.  An amazing feat, achieving world-wide
>distribution of millions of copies of strong crypto, the Feds all
unknowing.
>Does anyone here _not_ think this was the deliberate act of one or more
>cryptoanarchists?

Not to burst your optimism, but wouldn't good software design dictate
maintainable, ie, modifiable code?

      David Honig                   Orbit Technology
     honig at otc.net                  Intaanetto Jigyoubu

Beat your algorithms into swords and your virtual machines into spears:
let the weak say, I am strong.

Gosling deliver us from the ropes of backcompatability and mass production.