Pauline Hanson's One Nation newsletter - June 1998 update

Global Web Builders gwb at pronet.net.au
Fri Jun 19 16:54:58 PDT 1998

Issue 2.1, June 1998

in the body.

G'day One Nation supporters in NSW

New quick access to One Nation home page NOW live!!!

http://www.onenation.com.au

----------------------------

Queensland State Election:
=========================
This is our first communication since last week's Queensland State Election.

See archive of live coverage: http://www.gwb.com.au/onenation/qldstate/june13

One Nation has secured an amazing 11 seats (out of 89) with 23% of the
primary vote. (Compare this to the Nationals 23 seats on just 15% of the
primary vote!)

See: http://www.ecq.qld.gov.au/ecq/98summary.html

In the latest news it now appears likely that One Nation will support the
Coalition to ensure a stable government in Queensland - although this is not
yet finalised and the support of two independents, Liz Cunningham and Peter
Wellington still have to be secured.

------------------------------------

Unofficial One Nation daily newspaper:
=====================================

The anotd (Australian National News of the Day) - Australia's oldest on-line
saily newspaper provides reader feedback and information on Pauline Hanson
and One Nation.

The paper at:

http://www.gwb.com.au/gwb/news/daily.html

has an archive for subscribers going back to October 1995.

Negotiations are currently underway to make this paper available by "fax
back" - initially on a weekly basis. This will allow anyone with a fax to
get a weekly summary of issues being discussed faxed to them.

------------------------------------

Web Ring:
========

The One Nation web site now has a web ring listing about 20 One Nation
sites. If you wish to add a One Nation site please use the "add a web site"
link.

All additions to the web ring are moderated and GWB's decision on whether or
not to link you is final. You are of course welcome to just carry the web
ring banner and links at:

http://www.gwb.com.au/onenation/ring1.html

Thanks to Peter for his help on this.

A number of historic One Nation web sites including the April 1997 launch in
Ipswich and Hanson's speeches are currently available from the web ring.

-------------------------------------

The power of email:
==================

I have been informed by the ABC Radio National's "Background Briefing" that
they will be talking about the power of email tomorrow (Sunday at 9.10am).

Apparently the action taken by many One Nation supporters in expressing
their concern to 60 Minutes sponsor, Toyota, about the programmes behaviour
towards Pauline Hanson and One Nation was very effective and will be raised
during the ABC report.

To all those who participated thank you. I trust you all got the standard
Toyota response broadcast in the middle of last week.

I am aware that the support shown has served its purpose for the time being
and I hope that 60 Minutes shows more balance in future or we will be
obliged to call on your support again.

See: http://www.gwb.com.au/60.html

for background on the 60 Minutes segment "A CALL TO ARMS".

Federal Election:

One Nation's Federal Election web site is currently under development.

See: http://www.gwb.com.au/onenation/federal

GWB

Scott Balson