IP: Uncle Sam is Hooked on Forfeiture (fwd)

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Fri Jun 5 19:12:02 PDT 1998

Somebody, probably Vlad, forwarded this via Swiss Remailer.
I normally try not to reply to Ignition-Points forwards here,
but this one's relevant.  "Access devices" often includes things like
computer passwords as well as smartcards for building entry.
So "Crack a password, lose your computer" would apply
as well as "Crack 15+ passwords, get busted".

I don't know if that was Senator Sleazy's intent with the bill,
but it's an obvious application if not.  Did the bill pass?

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com