Reeves 5/15/98 conclusion

bill payne billp at nmol.com
Tue Jun 2 23:22:58 PDT 1998

Sunday 5/31/98 7:03 PM

Orlin

I erred by not transcribing Reeve's conclusion in his Friday  5/15/1998
Albuquerque Journal editorial

     Our policy is not stupid.  It's hypocritical and delusionary, but
not stupid.  What was stupid   was to actually believe that countries
like India, Pakistan, China, and Iran and Israel, too,    would act on
American words and illusions rather than on their own national interests
and fears.    This American blunder of intelligence  and intellect is
not another inside-the-beltway,   Ken-and-Monica joke.  This is an
affair of state, a failure of state. Officials should not be
subpoenaed or mocked;  they should resign or be fired.

Let ALL hope for release of the documents requested at
http://www.jya.com/whp052898.htm and peaceful
settlement of another “American blunder of intelligence”.

Later
bill