refrigerator magnet

bill payne billp at nmol.com
Tue Jun 2 23:18:02 PDT 1998

Monday 6/1/98 6:05 PM

Masanori

I put the refrigerator magnet

          1945 509th COMPOSITE GROUP 1995

           FIRST ATOMIC BOMBARDMENT

             50th ANNIVERSARY

in the mail to you today.

Reason I sent the magnet is to show THAT THERE ARE SOME REALLY-SICK
MINDS [see reverse side of magnet] IN POWER in the US.

Just got off the phone with John Young.

Governments, including Japan, TRY to mess with peoples'
minds.  There is a book on this.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/quicksearch-query/002-2147604-1106833

But I have a solution.  I do not read e-mail.  At this time.

I also believe in what Kahn wrote

   Thursday, March 20, 1980, 09:30 David Kahn addressed Congress,
        the Committee on Government Operations.

        Kahn stated to the committee,

             A final benefit is that refusing  to restrict cryptologic
             studies erects yet another rampart against the chipping
away
             of American liberties.  Is this rampart, again, worth the
             danger to national security?  Yes, because the danger is
not
             as acute as the N.S.A. wishes people to see it.  N.S.A.
             wants people to think that publication of cryptologic
             material would slam shut its window into the Third World
             countries.  In fact such publication has little effect ...
             The national security dangers are not so great as to
             dismantle individual freedom.

             For all of these reasons, then, no limitation should be
             placed on the study of cryptology.  And beyond them all
lies
             something more fundamental, in the end, will probably
             prevent any restrictions anyway.  It is called the First
             Amendment.

             I thank you.

I hope you see that I am using the seventh amendment.

http://www.jya.com/whp052898.htm

And even more adamantly I believe

  For what shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world and
lose his own soul.

  Kahn on Codes page 172

Best regards
bill