Tax revolt book

Christopher Turner cyburai at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 1 21:27:50 PDT 1998

C-punks,

my apologies if this book was discussed on the list back when it first
came out...
in the course of cleaning up and packing in preparation for our move, I
came across Bill Branon's first book, _Let Us Prey_. W/out going into any
detail, the backdrop of the book takes place in present-day America where
a sort of tax revolt is going on - over 1/3 of the taxpayers filed a Form
4868 - an automatic extension form - and 22% of those filers failed to
enclose a check of any kind.

There's a great part where the prez is freaking out because 1/3 of
Americans are getting a gov't check of some kind and where the hell are
they going to get the money when over another 1/3 of Americans won't pay
their taxes.

I highly recommend it.

Take care all, and watch your six,

Chris
---
Ubi dubium ibi libertas
Where there is doubt, there is freedom  -Latin proverb