Fw: my thoughts for this list

mgraffam at mhv.net mgraffam at mhv.net
Mon Jul 27 09:29:27 PDT 1998

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, kryz wrote:

> I guess you mean PGP?
> Just have patience... maybe a little prayer will help.

And the other guy said ..
> > I have been getting this list for a few days. I subscribed to this list in
> > the hopes I could learn something about crypto, in particular the GPG
> > project.

GPG = GNU Privacy Guard.

GPG is a PGP work-a-like .. doesn't support RSA (yet) due to the patents,
but once they run out, GPG will use it. I think it uses Blowfish (and
CAST?) for the symmetric algorithms, and probably 3DES too. I dunno
about IDEA .. I have my doubts due to the patents.

Michael J. Graffam (mgraffam at mhv.net)
http://www.mhv.net/~mgraffam -- Philosophy, Religion, Computers, Crypto, etc
"..the isle is full of noises, sounds and sweet airs that give delight and
hurt not. Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments will hum about mine
ears, and sometimes voices.." Caliban, Shakespeare's "The Tempest"