NSA's Long Strong Arm

Richard Storey "cognitus<KILL SPAM>" at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 21 13:34:04 PDT 1998

John Young wrote:

> >From a series in Network World, July 20, 1998,
> "The Long, Strong Arm of the NSA," about the
> Agency's methods of enforcing export obedience
> with intimidation, delay and obfuscation:

At http://jya.com/nsa-lsa.htm,

the first article is the most interesting. It demonstrates what I have
always believed, that the state's reason for limiting encryption was
mainly to pressure corporations, who are driven by profits, to adopt the
state's desired encryption features. These NSA-approved products from
American corporations should be seen as contaminated, tainted and
poisoned.

Would you purchase hardware or software that meets the government's
export standards--approved by NSA?

"Never," Davis declared. "My customers come first!"

Richard Storey