CypherPunks CensorShip Crisis II - SPACE ALIENS HIDE MY DRUGS!!!

Linda Reed--PCC West Campus CSC lreed at west.cscwc.pima.edu
Sat Jul 4 06:34:50 PDT 1998

Beyond The Valley Of The Planet Of The Return Of The Son
Of The Uncle Of The Mother Of All Censorship Crisies II
              SPACE ALIENS HIDE M DRUGS!!!
              _____________________________

     * To: cypherpunks at toad.com
     * Subject: Linda Reed--PCC West Campus CSC
       <lreed at west.cscwc.pima.edu>: Re: Army of Dog
       SPACE ALIENS HIDE M DRUGS!!!
     * From: one4evil at juno.com (Nalus Optic)
     * Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 10:49:09 -0700
     * Sender: owner-cypherpunks at Algebra.COM

I was asked to forward this message to the Cypherpunks list by Linda
Reed...Who sent it to me as a responce to one of my e-mails...I know that
by doing so, I risk being kicked, stomped, beated siverly amongst the
neck and shoulders, and even flamed...But I think so many of us are not
looking at the true messages involved in these 'spams'.  Reed is makeing
several REALL good points...Given, Reed does rant a bit...And some of
what is writen is just so much bullshit...But all of it, taken in
context, is Truth (TM)...
Let me make a suggestion to Reed and all others involved...There is a
time and place for everything...The time for rEvolution, as Reed puts it,
is _NOW!_ However, Cypherpunks is not the place...So does anyone know of
any good e-lists that would love to get the ALIANS posts?  Maybe your
five minute's of thought on a way to help Reed will make everyone happy,
Vs the hours some of us are spending complaining about the damn thing.

[Gnat From The Author:

 As the Author, We personally believe that <infinity.nus.sg>
 should forcefully unsubscibe itself from the CypherPunks
 Distributed Node Mailing Lists, since it is the website
 which the Author is currently using to read the list posts.
 As well, We feel that Linda Reed <lreed at west.cscwc.pima.edu>
 should take steps to block her email account from being sent
 to any site on the InterNet, as it is being used, with or
 without her consent, to generate UCE/SPAM.
 In addition, We feel that all CypherPunks Distributed Node
 Mailing List members should forcefully unsubscribe themselves
 from the lists, as spammers, since it is enevitable that there
 is someone on the list who considers their posts irrelevant,
 off-topic, or SPAM, at one point or another.

 In the future, the Author would be happy to provide a filtered
 version of the CypherPunks Distributed Node Mailing List which
 would be distributed freely to all CypherPunks whose non-union
 dues are currently paid up to date.
 The filtered version would contain complete copies of all posts
 routed through the current CypherPunks Distributed Mailing List
 Nodes, without any deletions or censorship, in accordance with
 CypherPunks Goals and Traditions.

 For a slight extra fee, the Authors would also be happy to
 provide special, Enhanced Editions of the CypherPunks Filtered
 Mailing List:
 1. ASCII Art Edition: Containing classic reprints of Timmy
   C. Mayonnaise ASCII-Art SPAMS, complete with Forged Digital
   Signatures of Dr. Dimitri Vulis, KOTM, along with a Certificate
   of Genuine Authenticity Digitally Signed with the Electronic
   Forgery Foundation's Pretty Lousy Privacy Key.
 2. Censorship Crisis II Edition: Offers the convenience of
   recreating the original posts for and against censorship
   of the CypherPunks list, substiuting the names, email
   addresses and digital signatures of current list members,
   saving list members hours of rehashing old issues, while
   maintaining the emotionally volatile atmosphere regarding
   an argument that is logically ridiculous to argue about
   in the first place, given the nature of the CypherPunks
   list.
    !!!PLUS!!! As An Added Bonus: (At No Extra Charge!)
   * A complete pro-censorship and anti-censorship thread
    dealing specifically with the SPAMing of SAHMD chapters
    to the CypherPunks list, with each post written and
    autographed the the Author HimOrHerSelf!
   * A Classic Collection of past posts by both legendary
    and long-forgotten CypherPunks, quoting and misquoting
    the "Doomed to Learn From the Mistakes of the Past"
    (or whatever) quote.(A 5MB package, by itself, alone!)
   * A Superb Collection of Lame-AND/OR-Offensive Posts
    categorized under such headings as UNSCRIBIBVE, LAME,
    RACIST, CHILDISH, 'I BROKE PGP!', 'NEW UNBREAKABLE
    ENCRPTION ALGORERHTHM',          , RE:          ,
    STUPID, AOL, 'I THINK WE SHOULD ALL SEND TEN COPIES
    OF THIS POST BACK TO DIMITRI', and one of the all-time
    favorites of many Veteran Elitist CypherPunks List
    Members, 'TEST'.
 3. Pre-Checked Archive Edition: Each post is marked with
   a special flag to indicate whether or not the post is
   duplicative of a subject discussed, or a point made by,
   Tim C. May at some time in the history of the CypherPunks
   list, as well as a flag indicating whether or not the
   post agrees with Mr. May's past theories and views, so
   that they can be efficiently deleted in order not to
   waste the reader's time with BadInformation, one way
   or the other.

  Those pre-dating their orders for an Enhanced Edition
  of the Author's Filtered CypherPunks Mailing List to
  December 7, 1989, or forging Tim C. May's digital
  signature to their order, will receive copies of
  Nalus Optic's coming post to list, whining about how
  HisOrHer original post *NEVER* called for censorship,
  Tim C. May's future reply that this is obviously the
  work of that asshole, Toto, again, Robert Hettinga's
  future post that he *loves* this list, another post
  from Tim C. May, obviously forged by Toto, saying that
  he can't find his shoes *or* his goddamn dentures, and
  a variety of future posts from various list members
  stating:
  "Just ignore him."
  "Don't you people have delete keys?"
  "Happy Fourth of July!"
  "I'm putting Toto back in my KillFile!"
  "I never took him out of mine, I just read his posts
   by accident when I read all of the posts in my KillFile,
   to make sure I'm not deleting anything important."
  "<Plonk!>"
  "Have a good Labor Day!"
  "Unscrrvive"
  "Unrivcribe cypherpunks <Lamer at AOL.COM>"
  "Unsvribe <Lamer at AOL.COM> cypherpunks"
  "Uncribive cypherpunks"
  "Unsrivribe <Lamer at AOL.COM>"
  "Merry Chrismas Everybody!"
  "Take me off this goddamn list!"
  "TAKE ME OFF THIS LIST! I MEAN IT!!!"
  "Happpy Holidays and a Happy New ear"
  "Please take me off this list, ok? Please, somebody?"
  "OK OU ASHOLES! IM GOING TO KEEP THIS UP UNTIL OU..."

 DISCLAIMER: The Author is in no way implying that those
 who do not wish to take advantage of this tremendous
 offer are not free to just contine their involvement in
 the Cypherpunks list and use methods of subscribing and
 posting pretty much the same as they did before deleting
 this offer without reading it.
 However, HeOrShe reserves the right to bill all who
 receive this offer the full amount of the CypherPunks
 current non-union dues, if this offer is not returned
 to the CypherPunks mailing list they received it from,
 in it's original condition, with full message headers,
 within thirty minutes or less of its original posting.]