Revenge on the Nerds -Maureen on a rampage

Michael Stutz stutz at dsl.org
Thu Jan 22 07:13:38 PST 1998

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:

> Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
> > Speaking of browsers: I'd rather *pay* for a browser that has such an obvious
> > feature as a list of URL regexps that you don't want to browse.
<snip>

> I suggest writing a proxy server that does such filtering, running it on
> the local machine, and using it as proxy server from your netscape browser.
>
> There is a proxy server in form of a 20 line perl script, you
> can take it and modify it.

Try this:

/sbin/route add -net 199.95.207.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 lo
/sbin/route add -net 199.95.208.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 lo

Goodbye doubleclick.net. ... Repeat as necessary with other ad networks.

I wrote an init.d script for Debian GNU/Linux that automagically handles
this for a couple ad networks, if you're intersted.

Michael Stutz  .  http://dsl.org/m/  .  copyright disclaimer etc
stutz at dsl.org  :  finger for pgp     :  http://dsl.org/copyleft/