SC rules 1st doesn't cover lies [CNN]

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Jan 21 21:25:35 PST 1998

Clarification on the Subject: line -- the court's ruling, at least as
described below, applies only to government employees. It is the
state-as-employer, not the state-as-sovereign, role the court is discussing.

In other words, we're still free to lie, cheat, and steal[1].

-Declan

[1] Unless it's a copyrighted work; if it is, you'll go to federal prison
and be fined a quarter-mil. Thanks, Bill Gates and the Software Publishers
Association.