New Software Controls

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Fri Jan 16 18:12:19 PST 1998

TH points out that there's a broad new provision in the
BXA Wassenaar rule for controlling telecommunications
software under Category 5, Part I - Telecommunications,
quote:

   You might want to highlight the following section ... not sure of the
   entire context ... but this isn't something that I'd seen before. It looks
   like control of any software that can transmit data.

       c.3. ``Software'' which provides the capability of recovering
       ``source code'' of telecommunications ``software'' controlled by
       5A001, 5B001, or 5C001;

For the citation see:

   http://jya.com/bxa-wa/cat51.htm#5D001c3

---------

We've broken the rule into several components for easier
access to the Commerce Control List revisions. See:

   http://jya.com/bxa-wa-rule.htm