Public choice theory and the politics of antitrust

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Jan 14 18:31:27 PST 1998

At 4:34 PM -0800 1/14/98, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>I wrote a little about public choice theory and the politics of antitrust
>in my article last week:
>
>  http://cgi.pathfinder.com/netly/opinion/0,1042,1678,00.html
>
>Attached are excerpts from recent posts to a law and economics mailing list
>I'm on. I'm unsure of the reposting policy, so I'm deleting authors' names.
>Should be good reading anyway.

I think, Declan, that deleting the author's name is a Big Problem. I
inititally assumed you wrote these words, and was preparing a rebuttal
(esp. to the fanciful " Intel's Portland facility has 800 programmers
charged with coming up with something as cool as the operating system
developed by Next. Stay tuned." piece of nonsense.

But then I went back and read your "deleting author's names" line, so now I
have no idea who I'm rebutting.

You have essentially made this author "Anonymous."

A better approach is to ask his permission, for something substantive like
this piece is, and then either post his words with his name, or not post it.

--Tim May