Crypto Kong penetration.

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Jan 14 13:01:02 PST 1998

    -- 2
Since release there have been a very large number of hits on
the Kong documents, and mere 102 downloads of the program,
and 74 downloads of the source code.

The large number of source code downloads indicates that I am
only reaching the crypto techie audience, that for the most
part is already able to use PGP, not the non tech audience
that Crypto Kong was designed for.

On my web page I have documentation as to how business users
can and should use this product.  (See the section "contracts
and certificates" <http://www.jim.com/jamesd/Kong>

I and Mather Cromer have prepared a release document targeted
at business users  (See below)

Does anyone have any suggestion of how to get the message in
front of the target audience?

 (press release oriented towards businessmen follows:

    --
    Announcing Crypto Kong.

    Free digital signatures and encryption.

    <http://www.jim.com/jamesd/Kong/Kong.htm>.

    Many businessmen use a faxed signature for a contract, or for
    authority to act, or worse still, a shared password, as
    stockbrokers often do.  This is almost worthless.

    The signature on a fax can be, and often is, a mere bitmap,
    not genuinely scanned in from a signature written in ink on a
    paper document, but merely applied digitally to an image in
    computer memory.  If that bitmap was also applied to some
    other document sent to the same company, which it usually
    was, then the fax proves nothing.

    On the other hand, often one cannot wait for FedEx to deliver
    signed documents.   The answer is digital signatures and
    encryption. With digitally-signed electronic documents, you
    can send unforgeable signed documents instantaneously across
    the globe.

    Crypto Kong is easy to use and it uses the same identity
    model that as businesses today use for ordinary handwritten
    signatures,  unlike other products which impose their own
    different way of handling identity.

    Crypto Kong takes away the hassles of certificate management,
    public key authentication, and complicated operating
    instructions.  Anyone can immediately use it to sign
    documents, to compare signatures  or to encrypt sensitive
    messages.  Kong compares the signatures on documents, rather
    than comparing a signature against certificates.

    Crypto Kong software makes it easy to send or receive
    digitally signed documents or use top grade encryption to
    keep messages private.

    Crypto Kong provides support for contracts and the
    documentation that accompanies transactions.

    The Crypto Kong application and detailed documentation
    information is available as a free download from the Kong
    home page:

    Kong is compatible only with Windows 95 and Windows NT.
    Complete source code is also available for download from the
    home page.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     SgQ8pgY/MeQpI9CfGR5kSsRdW61mSVYtqHkEMoMU
     47jSLQPPmYxhaKH9MyohUU9Q9i3bzVWjwey/s3Od4

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     gME+6HSq3N3G1iw88pJyVqcNc8dlMZhS2f+zUijA
     4IpLFuTI1zY7tEU4+gDAFM6uhgcWP9IyA/3guXt7j
     4WRob8mo+81LCLSyU4RiPNOilXHZTlyvZzsFMr+9d

We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because of
the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this right,
not from the arbitrary power of the state.

http://www.jim.com/jamesd/