(eternity) autonomous agents

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Tue Jan 13 17:03:17 PST 1998

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, William Knowles wrote:
> Isn't there a microstate off the coast of England called 'Sealand' run
> from a former oil rig/gun battery for the last 20 years?

Sealand, about which I wrote about on this list before, was an example
that should be studied by the offshore advocates. Based in an old
oilrig housing platform, some unlucky investors attempted to establish
their own country. They began issuing stamps and passports for their
"country". As any reasonable person should have expected, nobody would
move their mail and nobody recognized their passports.

They went bankrupt.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred