[Humor] Kennedy's New Legislation

David Honig honig at otc.net
Mon Jan 12 10:23:31 PST 1998

At 09:17 AM 1/11/98 EST, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
>David Honig <honig at otc.net> writes:
>>
>> Bogus reasoning.  You are sovereign and can do with yourself as you please.
>>  *That* is why substances should be legal and helmets should be optional.
>> Pragmatics are irrelevant.  I *do*
>> wear seatbelts but it should be my choice, not
>> something the state can use violence to enforce.
>
>The above is just one of the reasons why all drugs should be legalized.

Yes, that was the moral one.

>As for helmets, seatbelts, et al, consider them in context: most kids
>stupid enough to ride a bike wihtout a helmet are already on welfare.
>If they get themselves certified brain-damaged (I don't know how the
>doctors tell the difference :-) they'll be stealing even more of my money
>through taxes. Therefore in the context of taxpayers paying the medical
>bills of these parasites, helmets can be required.

There is a shortage of organ donors.  Motorcycle helmet laws cut
down the supply.  There's your pragmatics, happy now?

      David Honig                   Orbit Technology
     honig at otc.net                  Intaanetto Jigyoubu

	"How do you know you are not being deceived?"
	---A Compendium of Analytic TradeCraft Notes,
	     Directorate of Intelligence, CIA
	     http://www.jya.com/cia-notes.htm