rant on the morality of confidentiality

Vladimir Z. Nuri vznuri at netcom.com
Sat Jan 10 16:21:40 PST 1998

>BTW, you should consider that when Einstein proposed the creation of a
>bomb, it was within the context of a war being advanced globally by an evil
>madman who was gathering every resource to subdue and decimate everything
>in his way, and that the rest of the world was desperate for a solution.

uh huh, and we stopped him by ... bombing hiroshima AND nagasaki?
I think there are greater madmen in the world than their poster
boy Hitler who financed his rise....

>Also you should remember that some brilliant people, like Newton, who was a
>shy man and didn't necessarily see himself as others did/do, did not care
>if anyone else saw the results of his work.

bzzzzzzzzzzt, he eventually published at the urging of his friend Halley
and then got involved in bitter disputes about credit ..

  Once he had solved the
>problems in his own mind, he was not exceptionally concerned that others
>were also struggling with the same, nor whether "the community" needed the
>answer.   He was pursuing knowledge for reasons of his own.

bzzzzzzzzt, I believe he was a member of scientific communities at the
time. he also was intensely
involved in reforming the government monetary system. as a younger person
he was a loner, I agree.

hey everyone, go see "wag the dog" and think one nanosecond
about the world we live in and how it came to be the way
it is....