cypherpunks and guns

Paul Bradley paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 09:18:36 PST 1998

> I don't understand why there is so much talk about guns here lately.
> Unless someone comes up with a weapon that has some very unusual economic
> properties, individuals cannot hope to compete with governments in the
> domain of deadly force. If we have to resort to physical violence, we've
> already lost!

Ready availablity of defensive weaponry to citizens does create very
unusual circumstances in that a motivated population can defeat the
government by pure force of numbers, the fact is, the population is not
motivated and most of the sheeple swallow the state BS, and just in case,
most governments restrict citizens access to weapons and ignore the
citizens right to defend themselves against attack (not that this will
stop those of us who are motivated).

Paul Bradley, who may or may not be prepared to defend himself.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul at crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul at cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/