rant on the morality of confidentiality (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Thu Jan 8 20:28:38 PST 1998

Forwarded message:

> Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 19:05:21 -0800
> From: David Honig <honig at otc.net>
> Subject: Re: rant on the morality of confidentiality

> chooses.  The universe owes you nothing.

That depends on your personal philosophy, or are you claiming to have found
"The Way"? (that's rhetorical, please don't respond since the consequencial
discussion leads nowhere that we aren't already)

> Your goals and alliances are yours to choose.

You got to choose your family and what country you were born in and how much
money you have? Cool, you should consider yourself truly blessed, in the
several 10's of thousands of years of humanity you are the first so gifted.

> Everyone picks what they are comfortable with, and it ain't your business
> what they decide.  No one is
> obligated to agree with you.  And  everyone is
> obligated to let you alone, unless you violate their
> right to be left alone.  But you know this.

No, everyone doesn't pick what they are comfortable with. Only somebody that
takes their station in life with its consimmitent spoils as a given would
say something this idiotic. Nobody is obliged to let you alone unless they
decide to of their own volition. It only takes one to make war (the old
saying is wrong) it takes two to make peace. And man being what he is wants
his own way even at the expense of somebody elses way. Such is the trials
and tribulations of social animals.

> On secrecy, Saint Chas. Darwin sat on evolution forever, until he reviewed
> a paper that was going to scoop him, you know.

Oh god, somebody else who hasn't studied Darwin or Meyr.... I covered the
rebuttal to this commen folk tale in a reply to Timmy. Look for it...

   |      Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make       |
   |      violent revolution inevitable.                                |
   |                                          John F. Kennedy           |
   |                                                 ravage at ssz.com     |