Jim Bell... lives... on... in... Hollywood!

Sergey Goldgaber sergey at pelican.el.net
Wed Jan 7 19:57:04 PST 1998

On Thu, 1 Jan 1998, Kent Crispin wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 01, 1998 at 09:52:20PM +1100, Julian Assange wrote:
> >
> > Anyone noticed this before?
>
> No.  But there are two obvious differences between this and the Bell
> plan:  1) it's not anon; 2) you are explicitly barred from winning if
> you contribute in any way to the death.

1 - Anonymity is technically feasable.

2 - This requirement is a legal necessity.  Otherwise, the organization
    may be seen as advocating murder.

Obviously, if the "Death Pool" was fully anonymous, there would be
no way to tell if the winner had contributed in any way to the death.

Thus, I think we may be well on our way to Assasination Politics.

 - Sergey Goldgaber