Is FEAL developed by NTT safe?

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Sun Jan 4 23:47:57 PST 1998

At 11:00 PM 1/4/98 PST, Nobuki Nakatuji wrote:

>Is FEAL developed by NTT safe? Where isn't safe if it is here because it
>isn't safe?

>From what I have read, FEAL is the punching bag of the cryptographic
community.  It has been broken many times by many people at many different
number of rounds. (It seems to be the one that many cryptanalists have cut
their teeth on.)

The history of FEAL does not inspire a whole lot of confidence, no matter
who is selling it.

---
|              "That'll make it hot for them!" - Guy Grand               |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l alano at teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com/~alan/       |alan at ctrl-alt-del.com|