From Peter Gutmann Re: So what *does* happen to a city wit

David Honig honig at otc.net
Thu Feb 26 13:55:23 PST 1998

At 05:26 AM 2/27/98 +1000, Charles wrote:

 The government claimed that all 4 of
>our power stations (insert particular fault of the day...I heard
>boilers blowing up, pipes getting clogged etc) had an incredibly
>unlucky act of god perpetrated on them all at the exact same time

Several extremely unlikely faults at the same time is what
often causes the great disasters (e.g., Three mi. is.), as is
well-documented in the
comp.risks arena.

      David Honig                   Orbit Technology
     honig at otc.net                  Intaanetto Jigyoubu

 The Internet Protocol's only guarantee is that your packets will not clog
the net.