DDJ Crypto CD has arrived!

Ryan Anderson ryan at michonline.com
Wed Feb 25 05:54:34 PST 1998

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Peter Trei wrote:

> Well, it's finally here.

Yeah, it surprised the hell out of me to get it so  delyaed from the
order, without any explanation or apology in the packaging... kinda
wierd...

> I've encountered a few minor bugs in the few minutes I've played with
> it; not all of the buttons work properly, and the color maps go to hell
> when the program's window is not selected.

I've noticed that the text appears to be scanned in.  (and ocred).
Ther'ess numerous minor grammatical errors, such as missing commas, a "d"
instead of the ")", and other misc. stuff in the first chapter of Applied
Cryptography...

That's actually more disappointing than the lack of anHTML version of the
books, in my opinion..

Oh well..  Perhaps we can convince them to correct it?

I do notice that the reader tends to make the left edge of the text very
difficult to pick out from the edge of the window.. Ahh... well, , it
obviously suffered some strange problems in manufacture...

Ryan