Killing the Unabomber

Information Security guy at panix.com
Tue Feb 24 22:42:52 PST 1998

   >   From wendigo at ne-wendigo.jabberwock.org Tue Feb 24 23:43:50 1998
   >
   >   An entity claiming to be Information Security wrote:
   >   :
   >   : Didn't the government finally back down on their
   >   : attempt to legally kill the Unabomber?
   >
   >   This point strikes me as pretty funny.  Kinda like a nurse rooting
   >   for Charles Starkweather.
   >
   >   Mark

Or trying to be consistent.

Raygun: abortion is killing, but pro-death penalty.

If killing is wrong, killing again is wrong.

Also, there is the part about his brother turning
him in to get help (UB tried to get mental help,
but couldn't get it), and didn't turn him in
to get killed.

Next time, the killer might not be caught because
the person who recognized (yea traffic analysis)
his talktalk might not want them killed as a result.

i.e. in the long run it will save lives.
---guy

   No: "Live and Let Die".